Thursday, January 14, 2010
My latest little cherry painting is finished now...I think. I have to live with it for a day or two to see about any value changes, but once I put the dark background in, it did seem to balance some of my concerns. I have the mat placed a little high on the bottom, but my battery died on my camera and this was the only shot I was able to get this afternoon. It will be cropped just a little larger when I get around to it. I'll admit that I'm pretty bad about not getting back to these little projects unless I'm framing something immediately. An artist friend once told me that we should never show our work without placing it behind a mat, but that doesn't always happen around here. I've found that I really enjoy working with the gold on china and am looking forward to painting some more pieces with china as an element. Like most artists, I have tons of setup photos done...it's just hard to get around to deciding to paint them. Ha! This painting is small..8 x 10..and I used a very limited pallette for my colors..alizarine crimson, quin burnt orange, quin red, perm rose, burnt sienna, burnt umber, new gamboge, and a touch of cobalt and untramarine blue for darkening here and there.