Monday, January 25, 2010

Paul Jackson workshop


Just finished the Paul Jackson architecture workshop here in Noonday and it was fabulous. I am NOT a workshop painter at all, but I am very pleased with the painting that I produced and will post it maybe tomorrow if I get it finished. Here are Marla (Paul's darling wife), Paul and me at the workshop. This picture is just typical of Paul's wonderful personality and as you can see, he's quite playful! He can take a rank beginner and in just a few days, have them turn out a painting of which they are very proud. He is really a genius when it comes to painting and the processes and thoughts involved in producing a very good work. If any of you are ever given the opportunity to study with Paul, you'll definitely not be disappointed. Any of you who have seen his latest street scene work on Facebook cannot appreciate that painting until you have seen it in real life. It is truly stunning. Most of our painting group from Bullard were able to take the workshop and if I can get all our paintings together in one place, I'll try to get a photo posted showing everybody's work.

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to be able to take a class with Him. LUCKY YOU!! How Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Nita and Lori. I hate to keep gushing about the workshop, but it was just that good!

    ReplyDelete