Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ruidoso Daisies


When we were in Ruidoso, we were luckey enough to be there on the weekend when they were having an art tour. Seven fabulous homes were on display with local artists (3 or 4 in each home) displaying their art...was a real treat. These daisies and butterfly bush blossoms(budalleia..sp?) were in one of the gardens. Since it is in a mountainous area, they aren't bothered by the heat like we are in Texas so their gardens were in full blast. I used lots of masking...more than I've ever used before...so I could get a continuous flow with a really dark "drop in" background. This is quarter sheet Arches #140...as usual...and a rather limited palette.

7 comments:

  1. Mollie, this is so serene! You have made a great use of complementary colors with the orange daisy centers and the beautiful blues of the background. I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christiane...I love painting flowers because I can really loosen up and just go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and loose - scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you handled this. The texture and colors sparkle! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fresh and lively, Mollie. Like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, they are so adorable! These daisies remind my Russian summer fields.

    Thank you,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful piece.....just gorgeous!
    Cynthia Schelzig

    ReplyDelete