Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lavender PaperWhites...

When my mother's paperwhites bloomed earlier this winter, I took lots of pictures and couldn't wait to paint them. Well, as usual, I went in too heavily with some of my shadows too early, and had to throw both paintings to lavender. (Won't paint two at the same sitting again!) Good lesson learned. It was still fun, and I made a game out of trying to merge colors for softness. There is never an unsuccessful painting when you are learning what not to do next time. Although I thought I'd go ahead and post this, I do intend to go back in and establish a really dark dramatic light flow so all the flowers won't be the same as they are now. But, I'm very bad at not going back with posting my fixes...will try to show you the difference with this as I can see successful paintings out of questionable ones with a few tweaks.


  1. I really like the color combination in the flowers and background. Very pretty.

  2. These are lovely even if they didn't work out just as you wnnted.

  3. Thanks, Mary and Ann. Glad you stopped by.