Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Red Wine and Cherries WIP


Here's where I stopped today. I haven't worked on this painting for the past two weeks...it's an early spring in Texas and all my flowerbeds were calling my name. It's a real shame that we have to sleep at night when there are so many wonderful things to get done.
Anyway, I've stopped here after introducing some blue into the stopper facets because I really need to decided on my dark background there on either side of the bowl before going any further. I was laying in different reds in the bowl to start on the fan facet, but decided I'd better work the darkest darks first. It's been rather challenging coming up with reds and purple/burgundy colors that don't fight each other. Started to throw the crystal on the gray side, but opted for soft blues instead as I'm thinking of a Midnight Blue kind of background to get some really dramatic darks in. It'll also make the blues more pale as the contract will be greater. Haven't decided on the cloth yet, but there's plenty of time for that.

7 comments:

  1. This is looking fantastic, Mollie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwww! Hey Miss Mollie this one will be a beauty. It's already so beautiful. I bet you need patience to work on this one right. Are the chicken disturbing you hihi... Love it Mollie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Diane...wish you'd come down here and help me paint all this red. I know you love reds as much as I do.

    Christiane...you're so funny...and "no", the chickies aren't bothering me. Thanks for stopping by. Many thanks for your comment.

    Arianna and Kyla...thanks so much for your comments...glad you like it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, love it, love it! Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Christiane...you're always so complimentary. I really love painting crystal and the challenges that come up. That area to the right and bottom of the decantur has me a little slowed down right now...but...I'm hoping it'll work when I get back to that area.

    ReplyDelete