Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fruit Plate



Here is a small painting completed yesterday for my continuing little monthly blurb on PaintingFriends forum. Since I am really crazy for detail and paint from photos, this was a little exercise in sharing what I'm looking for and see when I paint a setup. Of course, I had to come up with something with reds in it...and cherries are always my first choice...sure wish they were a bit less expensive in the grocery right now...they're almost too expensive to swallow and enjoy. We've been working on color palettes and this one is just red, yellow, and blue...primaries are always fun as you can go so many different ways or just stay with the basics.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Those cherries are to die for, Mollie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christiane...I know cherries and strawberries are some of your favorites to paint also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the fruit looks good enough to eat Mollie. Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I want to eat that! looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ann...nice to see you here.

    Thanks, Kyla...this setup was done last August while painting in Florida with a group of artist friends from our paintingfriends forum...and yes, we did eat the setup...and yes, it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tricia and Arti...I value your comments so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvellous and brilliant fruit! Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Arianna...I love that you've stopped by to say hello.

    ReplyDelete