Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tomato Salsa WIP





Yesterday I started a new painting from a ref photo from one of my friends, Judy Buckingham, from PaintingFriends forum. Judy always cans in the summer and these jars of salsa were too pretty not to paint. Don't know what my background will be just yet, but it'll come. The jar lids are actually silver in the ref photo and I started to paint them that brassy color, but, Judy wouldn't use old looking lids so I'm sticking true to life. The reds are a combo of Poppy, Aliz orange, WN red, and AJ gamboge. When I've finished all six jars, I'll go back with deeper red here and there...hope to get this finished this afternoon. I'm thinking that this will work for my "red challenge" for Artcolony and I'm determined not to wait until the last day of the challenge like January.

4 comments:

  1. Mollie this is just astounding! I'm loving it, your reds are brilliant and I love the green bits too. Can't wait to see the final.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judy...you sure are a good salsa "cooker"...thanks for putting all that green pepper and onion in...really like the way this is looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and tasty sounding too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Mollie! Looks good enough to 'eat'
    love the colors..lids, all of it!

    ReplyDelete