Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cat - WIP


This is a new little painting I've started at our art retreat. I can't make up my mind whether to make this sweetiepie a white kitty or make her Neiman (my gorgeous Calico who is really a Miss Neiman Marcus...she's very prissey and just knows that she's a queen bee). The background is going to be turquoise/greeny/blue and when I started that I decided that I didn't want to work all that fur, so that's the reason I went to the masking. We'll see how it goes from here.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good so far, Mollie! Will be watching this with great interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a cat in watercolor lately. I'm looking forward to watching this one evolve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pat and Gretchen. I actually have 4 cats, and they're each special individuals. But, Neiman thinks she is the prettiest. My son (whom I adore) thinks only old women have more than one cat....Not true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mollie, this is already so delightful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete