Sunday, November 7, 2010

Addison




This is the portrait of my precious little granddaughter, Addison, that I painted in my workshop this past week with a wonderful artist, Bonnie Broitzman, from Minnesota. Not only is she a marvelous painter of light...she's a wonderful teacher. I'm not a portrait painter by any stretch of the imagination, but I was very pleased with this one. I'll live with it a few days before fiddling any more as I do want to keep the clean skin tones...just a few adjustments here and there before I show it to my son (who's coming home next weekend...).
I've gone back in and made major adjustments to Addison's left cheek as it was not right and I had to live with it a little while before figuring out what to do. I asked my friend Janie Freeman to take a look and we agreed that the cheek was what was bothering me. Wanted to leave both photos up so you could see the difference. Addy has really chubby cheeks, but just not that chubby.




6 comments:

  1. Mollie, that's absolutely beautiful!
    Really love the way you have captured the light all through the painting. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie!
    I love what you've done with the hair Mollie, there's magic in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable, Mollie. Love her expression. Now, no more talk about "not being a portrait artist." This says portrait artist to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Teresa and Ann...we are told NOT to paint our children and grandchildren because we're so critical and I sure found that to be true...I'm still trying not to go back and fiddle and fiddle! The true test will be when my son comes home this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are now a portrait painter! I saw both paintings done in the workshop and they were marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mollie, what a wonderful portrait so full of light! Your son will be so thrilled! You are now a portrait artist whether you want the title or not:-)

    ReplyDelete