Friday, December 4, 2009

Painting Day

Every Tuesday and Friday a group of us meet at an artist friend's "art retreat" south of Tyler for a few hours of painting and gossip. We are painting as peers and not teacher/students and it is such fun. For anyone who wants to see real progress in their work, just schedule these regular sessions and you'll be surprised how you progress. I have referred to the "Ruidoso ladies" many times in the past and this group is those artists. Our hostess, Greta Faulkenberry has spoiled us rotten with individual tables, lights, brush holders, tissue, a giant light box, cable tv w/stereo music of our choice...I could go on and on about the comforts of our studio. I think her husband, John, is very indulgent of us and I need to pass along a "thank you" to him also. If I finish what I'm working on this morning, I'll try to get it posted this afternoon. The weather people are saying that we might get a little snow today so I'm trying to make a sweep through my gardens to make sure that I've moved everything into the studio that I want to save through the winter. Don't know why I have soooooo many plants???

No comments:

Post a Comment